Friday, February 12, 2016

Week One

The first week of my project was spent doing background research on 401k's and investor psychology (risk tolerance). I studied some of the typical preferences that clients and investors consider when it comes to asset management. 401k's are typically most reliable when it comes to long term stability of investments. However, considering this year's volatile markets and the pre-recessionary sentiments existing between the general public and government, stocks have taken a severe downturn effecting both long term retirement funds and individual investment portfolios. 

For the further weeks of research I will be conducting, I will pay close attention to current markets and shifts in the economy to drive my conclusions about investment profitability and performance with both retirement funds at AXA and individual stocks and ETF's. 

Additionally, hearing from Janet Yellen at Congress and the question and answer session with government officials,  I believe that the economy and markets will remain volatile this year and the early recessionary thoughts in response to global markets and oil will become more and more prevalent and thus effect investments both long term and short term drastically. 



2 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see what you recommend for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For readers, I suggest studying current market fluctuations and global economic changes. I believe the most critical indicator for the volatile markets is simply the economy. Paying attention to oil and the interest rate situation here at home are two prime examples.

    ReplyDelete